Speaking, Training and Seminars
Sarah is a seasoned presenter whose enthusiasm, ability to engage a wide range of audiences, and convey complex subject matter in accessible ways are appreciated by audiences around the world.
She infuses humour and compassion in her teaching, to foster curiosity, a beginner’s mind, and common humanity in participants.
Her thoroughness and ability to convey both the depth and breadth of topics provides students with a comprehensive immersion into cutting edge material.
Equally at ease providing lecture-style and experiential learning-focused offerings, she seeks to model the very principles she teaches in her facilitation.
Sought out by professionals in the private and public sectors, Sarah has had the pleasure of addressing a variety of individuals, groups and programs, from upper management to frontline workers, administrative support and maintenance staff, including:
- Private practitioners and therapists
- Mental health services
- Addictions services
- Indigenous services
- Equine-assisted practitioners
- Community services
- Supportive housing
- Crisis / distress lines
- Health professionals
- Early years workers
- Police services
- Child and youth workers
- Yoga teachers
- Meditation instructors
- Life coaches
- Spiritual advisors
A popular teacher whose courses are frequently sold out, she is comfortable working with small, medium and large groups alike, from 10 to 500. Aside from being hired or hosted by organizations and agencies, she is an instructor in the Trauma Certificate Program at Wilfrid Laurier University.
From Custom Trainings to Conferences
Sarah is happy to discuss your needs, whether it is for a keynote speaker, a pre-conference focused seminar, or a custom training. Some of the most common topics she is invited to present on include but are not limited to:
For Human Services Professionals:
- Trauma-informed service delivery (customized based on agency or scope of practice)
- Integrative trauma assessment and treatment: Frameworks, skills and approaches
- Understanding trauma, attachment and addictions (neuroscience, somatics, nervous system patterns, and interpersonal, intergenerational, intersectional and cultural factors)
- Compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma and burnout
- Developing a trauma lens on complex behaviour and symptoms
- Fundamentals of Somatic Experiencing® and polyvagal theory (with licensing approval from the Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute)
- Touch in trauma therapy
- Boundaries work
- Early developmental trauma and relational rupture and repair
- Ego state work and complex dissociation
- Intersections of trauma, religion, and spiritual practices (including spiritual bypassing, guru culture, meditation, and ritual abuse)
For Equine-Focused Audiences:
- Trauma-informed equine-assisted therapy and learning
- EQUUSOMA® Basics Training Intensives
- Trauma-informed horsemanship
- Attachment dynamics in human-animal relationships
Sarah welcomes the opportunity to discuss your needs further and to support the professional development goals of your audience, staff, or organization.
- The Fundamentals of Somatic Experiencing® seminar is not an equivalent for the formal, 3 year Somatic Experiencing® training program and is offered independently from the Somatic Experiencing® Trauma Institute.