Introduction to Trauma-Informed Horsemanship™ — Toronto
November 16 @ 9:00 am - November 17 @ 5:00 pm
For horse lovers, equestrians, coaches, and other equine professionals
Venue: Humber College, Residence conference room T132
- Complete and submit the following registration package. Training information and policies are outlined in this document.
- Submit payment to secure your spot. Payment options:
- Preferred: eTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (Canadian residents)
- Credit card (submit your details in the registration form)
- Please note: a 3% handling fee will be added to all credit card and PayPal payments (listed as “shipping fee”)
PayPal Links for EQUUSOMA™ Students:
Early Bird Rate
PayPal Links for All Other Registrants:
Early Bird Rate
Typically the workshop will allow for a 15 minute break in the morning and afternoon, and a 1 hour lunch. While there is an agenda, there will also be flexibility around what material is covered and the types of activities based on student interests/needs.
Location and Parking
The training will be held at Humber College’s North Campus, a short drive from Pearson International Airport. The conference room is held in the student residence, in T building (marked as such in the PDF below the Google Map). Training participants are being asked to park in the new parking garage (blue rectangle in the PDF) or in one of the pay-on-exit lots.
Parking should be free on weekends. Otherwise, parking rates are as follows:
2 hours or less $4.00
2-4 hours or less $6.00
Daily maximum $10.00 (24 Hours)
There is a pub in the residence building for food. Humber College North Campus also has a number of other eating options, including:
- The Res Dining Hall, the Food Emporium, Smokes Poutinerie- LINX Lounge (food only), GH Café Guelph-Humber, Java Jazz, Pizza Pizza, Booster Juice, Subway, Starbucks, the Humber Room (food only), Gourmet Express, Tim Hortons and Ackee Tree Caribbean Restaurant.
A block of rooms has been set aside for participants at the nearby Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel. Reservations can be made by telephone at 1-800-SANDMAN or 416-798-8840. Individuals will need to quote the GROUP CODE 667825 to receive the special group rate. Room block release date: April 1, 2019.
Humber recently became the first public college in Ontario to sign on to the Okanagan Charter. As part of Humber’s efforts to meet the commitments they made, Humber will be going smoke free on all college property on January 1, 2019. This important step toward becoming the healthiest campus in Canada will mean that smoking of any kind will be prohibited at all Humber locations as of 2019.
Although Ontario legalized the use of recreational cannabis this week, growing, baking, smoking or selling cannabis on Humber property is strictly prohibited. As part of the Humber smoking policy, smoking of any kind is currently prohibited in any enclosed public space or enclosed workplace on campus. This includes all on- or off-campus college property including grounds, buildings, structures and facilities which are owned, leased, or used under Humber’s direction including any vehicles, the University of Guelph-Humber and student residences. In addition, smoking of any kind is prohibited in the Arboretum.